Winter 2021-22 - Industry Spotlight
Colorado Burial Preserve is the state’s first dedicated green cemetery!
- Colorado’s first conservation cemetery is in Florence (1 hour south of Colorado Springs)
- A peaceful setting with mountain views and diverse prairie-pinyon ecology
- Each grave protects and restores native prairie habitat
- Option to use shroud or biodegradable casket (embalming not permitted)
- We also welcome ground burial of cremated remains
- Green Burial Council certified Natural Burial Grounds
- Hiking trails and outdoor service chapel under development now
- Family is invited to participate in all stages of the burial process
- Options for headstones including local natural boulder (VA markers welcomed)
- Six burial gardens offer a variety of views, privacy and natural beauty
- Family plots accommodate both green burial and cremation side-by-side
Site tours available now by appointment. Online arrangements available.
Bluebird nesting box marks a burial site at CBP.
For advanced planning or immediate need, call or text 719-280-2614, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
End-of-Life Industry Spotlight
Affiliate Spotlight - Labyrinth of the Heart Center LLC
The Labyrinth of the Heart Center, LLC was created to support families going through pregnancy and infant loss and grief in order to honor our dead and our journeys with them in unity and love. Classes are offered to support families by learning appropriate communication skills around death, using ritual and creative arts for healing, and strengthening networks and communities. Writing classes are offered to individuals who are seeking a modality to express grief and honor loved ones. Motherhood includes all of our losses at the Center. We honor each other through compassion, and work with the ancestors who have also lost pregnancies and babies from the beginning of humanity. All are welcome at our table.
Affiliate Spotlight - Skipton Law, LLC
Our firm’s mission is to provide personal and professional service to our clients, and to excel in all areas of estate planning and elder law. We constantly strive to maintain a high level of personal service while keeping costs reasonable through effective management and consultations. Our firm realizes that clients are entrusting us with the matters that are most important to them.
Affiliate Spotlight - Be A Tree Cremation
Like many in this work, Emily Nelson stumbled into death care before it developed into a deeper calling. She was exposed to death early and often in her younger years, starting with the loss of her birth mother as a small child, followed by grandparents, and then the loss of a close friend to war during college.
Affiliate Spotlight - Sustainable Funeral
We are proud to shine the spotlight on our friend and affiliate member, Ed Gazdova of Sustainable Funeral. His patent-pending Alkaline Hydrolysis 2.0 and New Life Chamber offer an ecologically sound and sustainable end-of-life option. Find out more about Sustainable Funeral’s aqua cremation method in this month’s Affiliate Member Spotlight.
Affiliate Spotlight - Laura Walker, Writer
As a freelance writer, editor, website designer, and business marketing and communications consultant, specializing in strategy planning and writing, Laura Walker is also a flexible, quick learner and teacher who can provide many other skills and talents. She is proud to be the designer of the CEOLC website!