My mission is to empower those who are dying to experience their final milestone with dignity and grace. I seek to provide individualized and intersectional emotional, spiritual, and informational support for people with a terminal diagnosis and their loved ones. I wish to be a compassionate companion and provide a witness in sacred service to honor the final chapter in others’ stories. I am also an LGBTQIA+ ally and advocate.
I offer clients a wide range of services including, but not limited to the following:
- A compassionate bedside presence that normalizes the dying process
- Assistance in creating space and moving from fear and anxiety to love and meaning
- Guided meditation for relief of stress and discomfort
- Assistance with Life Review, Vigil Planning, Legacy Projects, and Advance Directives
- Crystal Healing and/or Angelic Reiki if desired
- Knowledge of local resources regarding traditional cemeteries, home funerals, and ecologically friendly green burials
- Guidance to appropriate Grief Counselors and Bereavement Support in the area.
Vanessa Johnston has delivered many successful presentations for all types of organizations, from small church groups to the statewide Colorado Guardianship Association. As an End-of-Life Doula, her passion lies in describing the many facets of the modern Death-Positive Movement. This new approach to death and dying attempts to demystify the process that is the natural final milestone for everyone. She can clarify the toxic history of embalming and introduce audiences to recent advances in funeral practices, such as more ecological choices like green burials and aquamation. In addition, Vanessa can reveal the work of a EOL Doula and the importance of thoughtful Life Reviews and Vigil Plans. Finally, Vanessa is happy to share various resources for completing legal documents like Advance Directives and helpful tips for having difficult conversations with loved ones. Her enthusiasm comes from inspiring the public to live their best lives by embracing death.