Cindy KaufmanCEOLC President and Co-FounderHeartSpeak End-of-Life Companioning LLCINELDA Certified End-of-Life Doula
My mission is to be a compassionate companion on life’s final journey. With a calm and loving presence, I advocate for the dying person and his/her personal choices about End-of-Life decisions and care, as well as providing much-needed support for the loved ones. Having more than 25 years of experience as a hospice volunteer, along with a background in counseling and gerontology, and now as a Certified End-of-Life Doula, I feel this work is my calling. I am honored to share in this sacred space with my clients. Additionally, I am an ordained interfaith minister, trained in home funerals, and can offer guidance on green burials.
My services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advance Care Planning Facilitator (Certified by Respecting Choices®)
- Compassionate companioning for the dying person, as well as respite and support for the caregiver(s)
- Guided meditation – help for anxiety and pain relief
- Life review – finding meaning in a life lived
- Legacy projects – leaving a creative gift, letters, or other legacy project for loved ones
- Vigil planning – assisting in the design of a personal plan for the final days and hours of life
- Sitting vigil – being at the bedside, holding space, in the final days and hours of life
- Guiding the transition process from life to death and into grief and bereavement
- Design, develop and officiate ceremonies including funerals, memorials, life celebrations, weddings, commitment ceremonies and house blessings.
Cindy Kaufman offers audiences her wide range of skills as an educator, speaker, and international best-selling author of “The Mortal’s Guide to Dying Well – Practical Wisdom From an End of Life Doula.” Cindy’s end-of-life experiences working directly with patients and families spans more than 25 years, giving her a breadth and depth of knowledge that allows her to create presentations, seminars, webinars, and courses befitting audiences of any size or variety. Sample topics range from advance care planning, end-of-life doula care, how to plan for dying well, designing your final days and hours of life (vigil planning), home funerals and green burials, caring for the caregivers, and much more. Feedback comments on past events include, “exceedingly well-presented,” “amazing information” and “gracious and loving.” If you are needing a topic not listed above, Cindy can craft something special and unique for your organization or community group.