My Living Obituary
We are on a mission to improve the quality of all our lives by changing the way the world thinks about death.
Our story begins in 2020 after a sudden cancer diagnosis. Even though we had always acknowledged death is part of life, we were not prepared for its abrupt possibility of it in our own. We quickly realized a last will & testament, important parts of end-of-life planning, do not complete a legacy. There is so much more we could do to memorialize our extraordinary lives. This sounds like an easy problem to solve, but how?
With no direct solution available we were inspired into action & formed a compassionate team of two software engineers, a sales executive, and an advanced practice nurse. Together, we developed an affordable end-of-life planning technology based in clinical research, to help people sick or healthy capture and preserve their legacy through storytelling, gaining appreciation and acceptance of who they are and the life they are living.
As founders with our own history of loss and death, we consider it a privilege to help everyone plan for a good death through legacy building. That’s why we founded MyLivingObituary.com- to improve the quality of all our lives by helping people take control of life’s final act. This way extraordinary and meaningful lives will not fade away but will live on in the hearts and minds of everyone who is loved.
Helping You Help Other’s Prepare For a Good Death
- Digital Legacy Therapy for Advance Care Planning For Palliative Care & Hospice
- Our platform is utilized as an end-of-life advance care planning tool based in clinical research for Palliative Care, Hospice & Death Doulas. The platform integrates Legacy/Dignity Therapy into the palliative care timeline as a drug free intervention that positively influences quality of life, patient and family experience. My Living Obituary – Palliative Care and Hospice
- Digital Legacy Resource for Funeral Pre-Planning Resource
- We assist pre-planners help their clients plan for a good death through legacy building, with a self-written obituary and ethical will living legacy letters. On our platform users perform a life review and create a permanent document in the form of a self-written obituary and living legacy letters to share with their family and friends now and after death.
- Digital Legacy Planning for Senior Living Communities & Estate Attorneys
- Our platform assists senior living communities proactively increase quality of life of its residents with end-of-life legacy planning by helping plan for a good death, while improving quality of care at end of life.
Maggie Gannon is a board certified Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist with over 29 years experience working with head and neck cancer patients. She has used her combined decades of professional experience to create a specific end-of-life planning technology to help change the way the world thinks about death, increasing the quality of life for any one sick or healthy as they navigate life’s final chapter.
Maggie is a very passionate speaker and has decades of experience lecturing locally, regionally, and nationally. Maggie is available to lecture and lead workshops on Legacy, Dignity Therapy in the inpatient and outpatient settings, legacy, legacy planning, death, and dying.