Laura Walker, Writer
- Marketing and communications professional with comprehensive organizational and leadership skills
- Project manager with advanced ability to balance priority with deadline in work planning, collaboration and execution
- Business-to-business acumen, technical writing and editing proficiency, perceptive and versed content writer
- WordPress website creator with knowledge of best SEO practices, analytics, social and other digital media marketing
- Master’s degree in writing, 15 years teaching college-level English, 17+ years professional writing and editing experience.
As a practiced hand in the strategy, design, fulfillment, analysis and revision of compelling marketing and communications projects, I provide a spectrum of services. Having worked with numerous organizations in myriad industries, I have also written award-winning business plans, complete with competitive analysis and financial projections, as well as planned and executed marketing strategies. From the complex job of comprehensive rebranding to the straightforward print-mailer campaign, and everything in between, I’ve done it or will quickly learn how. Some examples:
- Copywriting: Specialty, research and news articles; B2B correspondence; press releases; white papers, blogs and websites; video and film scripts; business plans and reports; and various other marketing materials.
- Editing: Government and scientific documents, quarterly financial journals, semi-annual literary magazine, poetry anthology, quarterly digital magazine, procedure manuals, and marketing materials.
- Marketing: WordPress website creation, social media and email marketing, print advertising and sales materials, nonprofit fundraising, and successful solicitation of high-quality content donated by professional writers and bloggers.