Grief Recovery with Laurie
Grief is the normal and natural emotional reaction to any change that has impacted a life.
Often people buy-in to the myths about grief. It is not unusual, after a loss, that there are many things that must be done. Often people decide that they “must be strong” for all those around them and suppress their own feelings of pain and loss, so that they can be there for others. Some people feel that the best way to handle their personal loss is to “keep busy” with work or other endeavors, rather than taking time to go through the grief process. I believe unresolved grief is the major underlying issue in most people’s lives. As someone who has endured losses, I have learned the problem with grief is that if you fail to take action to deal with your personal emotional pain, and instead suppress it, it waits deep inside to haunt you later.
Successful recovery from loss involves sorting out the things that were incomplete and putting voice to those things we wish might have been different or better. It also involves dealing with the dreams and expectations of a different future than what is being faced after that loss. This is the foundation for the Grief Recovery Method. Coming through my experience, I felt a calling to help others who have endured losses and help them and myself heal and lead happy lives.
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain… ~Vivian Greene
- One on One Grief Recovery Coaching
- Grief Recovery Groups – 6-8 members
- Suicide Loss Support Groups
- Life and Wellness Coaching
- 2017 Certified Grief Recovery Specialist
- 2017 Suicide Bereavement Support Group Facilitator
- 2017 QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Program
- 2018 Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss
- 2018 Working Minds – Suicide Prevention in the Workplace
- 2019 Certified Integrative and Wellness Life Coach